Bardez Goa, India is a small region in Taluka, North Goa area. Its name originated by combination of two words. Bara = Tweleve and Desh = Twelve countries. Bardez is close to the banks of Chapora River and on the south side of it is the Mandovi River. On the east side of it, Mapusa river is situated.
Its a very popular destination among tourists due to its luxury hotels and famous beaches within close proximity.
Bardez Goa Map :
There are many close by proximity destinations that you should not miss. Some of them are as follows :
- Candolim beach: Its a very beautiful beach and very much popular among foreigners. Its only 18km away from this away and you can reach in 30 min by car or a two wheeler.
- Vagator Beach: Its located on the Chapora River banks. Its surrounded by Rocky mountains, coconut trees, white sand and Arabian Sea.
- Fort Aguada: This fort is known for its four story lighthouse and this fort was built to prevent goa from invaders in the early 16th century.
- Hotel Double Tree By Hilton: If you are aiming to have a grand experience in Bardez, this hotel is your goto property. This Hilton hotel offers their guests a property which has elegant rooms with technologically advanced lineaments and various dining options.
- Basilica of Bom Jesus: Meaning of its name is “Good Jesus” and its a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It hosts many paintings, pictures and an art gallery.
- Goa State Museum: If you are into art, history and religion. Then this is a must visit museum in Bardez area. It was inaugurated in late 1977. It has huge collections of articles and reference books.
More useful information on Bardez Goa :
- bardez to goa airport distance = ~45 km (1hr drive) to the Goa International Airport
- bardez goa to baga beach distance = ~17.5 km (~33 min drive)
- bardez goa to calangute distance = ~17.8 km (~33 min drive)
- bardez goa pin code = 403521