The capital city of Goa and the headquarters of North Goa district, Panaji lies on the banks of river Mandovi. Panaji is the largest city, followed by Margo and Vasco da Gama and panaji beach goa is one of top visited places in it.
Panaji means “Land that never floods”. Panaji has tropical climate, it is hot during summers and equitable in winters. Goa is famous for its beaches, Dona Paula, Miramar are the most popular beaches located near Panaji. It’s not only these two beaches but many more.
Here is the pick of 5 best beaches in Panaji beach area:
- Dona Paula: In suburbs of Panaji, lies the famous Dona Paula beach. It’s also home to number of hotels. Be it small or large, you can find all sizes of hotels here. The luxury Cidade de Goa is situated in the area. Dona Paula is named as “Image of India”.
- Miramar Beach: Originally named as Porta de Gaspar Dias, Miramar is located at the assemblage of Mandovi River and Arabian Sea. It is the most visited beach in Goa. The beach host events almost every day as the beach area is not that huge.
- Ashvem Beach: An isolated beach situated south to Arambol Beach has vast stretch of sand has few beach shacks and huts. The beach is safe for swimming and also serves mouthwatering seafood. The beach is graceful and has its own picturesque charm.
- Arossim Beach: Close to Cansaulim village in South Goa. Small portion of guileless beauty that bundles in a landscape of rice paddies and palm groves. The portrait- perfect white sands, austere shacks and the low-key vibe make this place a must visit.
- Vainguinim Beach: 7 km from the heart of the city, the beach is quiet and has a massive stretch of waterfront. The beach is known for its scintillating crystal water, a large number of visitors come here for swimming and to relax themselves.